Monday, June 21, 2010

Good Chinese food in North County?

I live in North County San Diego but I am originally from Chicago. It seems like no one around here knows what "real" Chinese food is. Are there any Chinese places around here that anyone knows of? Not Panda Express or Pick Up Sticks! Real Chinese! Thanks!



Good Chinese food in North County?ktm



The best and most authentic Chinese Restaurant in North County San Diego is Pearl. It's pricey, but very good. It's located in Rancho Bernardo. See website for location.



Service is pretty good but people come here for the food. Most people who eat at Pearl are Chinese. Always a good sign.



I had a chance to meet the owners and they only wanted the best chef. They went to San Francisco to hire away one of the top chinese chefs in San Francisco down to San Diego. The chef was trained in Hong Kong.



We take a lot of our chinese friends from the Bay Area to Pearl and they are all very impressed with the quality of the food.



Tips:



1) Do not go on a Saturday night because the entire restaurant is usually booked for weddings.



2) Dim Sum is very good also.



3) They also serve wine and liquor.



Good Chinese food in North County?nortan



china chef?
You could surf on line in you community. I do not know wet her you are Chinese. If you can you can cook by yourself. Cook is really enjoyable, I like cooking very much. Because I enjoyed the process and the dish that I cooked, wet her it delicious or not.
Completely agree with Elmer- my only answer to this question is Pearl. Having been to Hong Kong many times, I will say that Pearl is the only Chinese restaurant I've been to in North County that lives up to the authentic experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment